For spring 2009 we have had a re-think about our mountain biking skills courses and have now changed the format a touch. Our goal, as always, has been to improve riding skills so people enjoy the experience and leave the trail smiling and looking forward to getting out on their bike the next time. We will help mountain bikers ride safer by riding smoother, plan out the trail ahead and therefore ride more confidently. Naturally you will get faster as well!
About our Coaches
Starting with 'Fundamental Skills' the skills days progress through three different levels of half day skills training; each one focusing on developing the skills specific to mountain biking, so you can get the most out of the trails you ride. However some of the skills also crossover into other cycling disciplines such as road biking and triathlon. It's an ideal way to develop your confidence and bike control skills whist riding your bike in a safe and relaxed environment.
As the courses are progressive we suggest everyone starts with the Fundamental Skills training to make sure they have a good level of core skill ability before moving on to the next level.
"I recently took part in a training day organised by 1Bike1 and taken by Mark Hobley. It was a great day and I felt I benefitted greatly by it. Mark ran through the basic stuff to see what I was capable of and then we went on to tackle the issues that I had difficulties with. Mark was endlessly patient and soon had me flying down singletrack that previously I had only walked down! These skills have stayed with me and are used on every ride and have improved my confidence and I enjoy my riding much more now. It was a fab day and I will book on another course soon. Sally"
- Name - Jonathan Collins
- Experienced in racing Cross-country and Enduro
- Qualifications - Grade 2 SMBLA Tutor, courses on coaching techniques and styles.
- Name - Mark Hobley
- Experience - lots of experience in big mountain epics and enduro racing
- Qualifications - SMBLA Mountain Bike Leader and Secondary School Teacher
How to Book on to a Skills Training Day
- Choose a date - all dates shown have spaces
- Complete our Online Booking Form and pay Online through our eShop
- Or print off the Downloadable Booking Form and post it to us with a cheque
- We will then confirm your place and send you a programme
- Accommodation is not provided. Have a look at the Accommodation section of our Links page.
Dates and Fees for Mountain Biking Skills Training
||£40 per person for a half day