Bikes are becoming increasingly more high-tech and need minor adjustments to keep them in tip-top running order. Then sometimes on the trail you break something and are not sure how to fix it with minimal tools and end up having a long walk back to the car park.
We run workshops where we teach a range of the most common problems and trail side repairs. Each session has demonstrations and then practical sessions for you to practise what you have learnt.
Features of this course:
- Bikes provided for you to fix/adjust
- Clear handouts included
- Tools provided
Courses are tailored to your needs but can include:
- How to do a lightning quick inner tube change
- Fixing brakes - rim, mechanical disc and hydraulic disc
- Mending chains
- Setting up gears
- Steering problems - adjusting the headset
- Mashed gears - how to ride home if your gears get completely mangled
- Straightening wheels
- Changing cables
- Kit list of the right tools to take on the trail.
Why not combine our November course with an Introduction to Night Riding course in the evening?
How to Book on to a Course
- Choose a date - all dates shown have spaces
- Complete our Online Booking Form and pay Online through our eShop
- Or print off the Downloadable Booking Form and post it to us with a cheque
- We will then confirm your place and send you a programme
- Accommodation is not provided. Have a look at the Accommodation section of our Links page.
Bike Maintenance Courses
21st November 2009 (Sat)
||£65 per person
||Maximum 6 people per course