We have now launched our specific First Aid Training website.
Please go to 1FirstAid1
If you work in the outdoors the National Governing Body (NGB) for your qualification will require that you hold a valid First Aid Certificate which is why we now offer just such a qualification.
REC Emergency First Aid Course
The first aid training we offer is the Rescue Emergency Care (REC) two day Emergency First Aid course.
REC is a well known and respected first aid training organisation whose trainers have been delivering first aid training throughout the UK and Europe for over 20 years. Their courses have been the popular choice of the Sports Governing Bodies including Mountain Leader Training UK (MLTB), British Canoe Union (BCU), Royal Yachting Association (RYA) for many years. REC is also approved by the Health and Safety Executive in the UK and Northern Ireland.
REC Mission Statement
"Rescue Emergency Care strives to provide candidates with a unique learning experience that is completely relevant to their needs, with specific environmental and work place considerations."
- Certificate valid for 3 years
- Training over two days (16 hours)
- No previous training required
- Introduces a systematic way of first aid for managing casualties
- Features topic learning and practicals intermixed with scenarios of real situations
The REC Emergency First Aid course includes:
- The fundamental workings of the body, in particular the heart, lungs and airway
- Assessing a casualty
- Introduces a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible
- Deciding how to deal with an accident or incident
- Awareness of delayed medical help and adverse environmental conditions
The course is progressive by building on each session, introducing new scenarios to test all techniques for:
How do I Book on to a Course?
- Emergency - vital signs, emergency action, airway, unconscious, choking, bleeding, breathing and circulation, cpr
- Environment - heat stress, cold stress, hot injuries, cold injuries
- Illness - chest pains, stroke, asthma, epilepsy, diabetes
- Injury - head, spine, chest, abdomen, pelvis, bones, soft tissue, eye
- Rescue - transportation, communication
See Courses, Dates & Bookings