This is the Kit each person in the group will need if you are out with one of our Instructors.
- Water bottle - full of non-fizzy drink, minimum 1 litre per half day
- Long-sleeved top - must cover elbows (eg long sleeved T-shirt or fleece depending on weather)
- Suitable trousers - NOT jeans, must cover knees (eg tracksuit bottoms, cycling leggings)
- Waterproof jacket
- Suitable footwear (eg trainers, cross-trainers, walking shoes)
- Backpack (one between 2 or 3 riders is OK)
- Suntan Lotion and Insect Repellent
- Food - depending on duration of ride but to include 1 or 2 high energy foods (eg banana, energy bar)
- Hat and extra layers of warm clothes
- Personal medication, if required.
We recommend that the Group Leader brings extra water to the start point.
We provide the helmets.
We strongly recommend that you wear a long-sleeved top and long trousers as advised above.
We have a small supply of gloves which can be borrowed at a cost of £1 a pair to cover washing. However, we cannot guarantee that a pair will be available in your size.
Our Instructors may stop someone from riding if they do not have the correct clothing and equipment.