We started our business in March 2001 with a passion for biking. We called ourselves Snowdonia Cycle Hire and just hired out bikes. Nine years later we offer a comprehensive range of hire bikes, new bikes for sale, bike servicing, instructor training courses, mountain bike skills courses, bike maintenance courses, first aid training and guiding for groups.
After calling ourselves Snowdonia Cycle Hire & Training for the last few years we rebranded ourselves as 1Bike1 in 2009. We have built our business by being reliable and offering quality through every aspect of what we do. We intend to continue offering this high level of service now as 1Bike1.
Who Are We?
- Scottish Mountain Bike Leader Association (SMBLA) Tutor
- Bike Mechanic
- Technical Advisor
- Rescue and Emergency Care (REC) Assistant First Aid Trainer
- Kona Kikapu - for riding when out running courses and leading groups, a great versatile lightweight 4" bike
- Giant Glory - my downhill bike for holidays and my time - fun!
- Giant XTC - my 21lb race hardtail
- Giant OCR3 - for time-trialing, nipping into town or a quick evening leg stretch on the road
As well as running the on-bike part of the business, I really enjoy getting stuck in to the big tricky jobs in the workshop, its a kind of relaxation for the legs. I work closely with the National Mountain Centre (Plas y Brenin) and run all their SMBLA courses. When I'm not working my favourite kind of riding is epic rides in remote terrain with big climbs, big descents and stunning views. If there's an uplift I'll take my Giant Glory for some serious downhill fun.
- Other administration eg procedures
- Scottish Mountain Bike Leader Association (SMBLA) Mountain Bike Leader
- Freelance MTB leader and coach
- Secondary School Teacher
I love riding the centre trail around Wales, but also exploring the highways and byways with a map. Some of my favourite rides are all day 'epics' over the mountains, often going to way out remote places. However, you can't beat a blast up and down Snowdon followed by Pete's Eats in Llanberis. When not biking, my time is split between P/T teaching in Caernarfon and P/T Daddy Daycare at home. The bike coaching is ideal as it lets me teach in the outdoors, out of a stuffy classroom. My other main interest is the RNLI, and I have been a full member of the Criccieth Lifeboat crew for the last few years. Crash in a lake, I'll get you out!
- Santa Cruz Bullit - Cracking all round bike, ideal for hucking off mountains in Snowdonia. Indestructible!
- Specialized Rock Hopper Pro - For cross country and when the legs are tired (the Bullit is heavy!)
- Proline Voyager - Old Skool, for getting to work and the shops